Museums in Bath and North East Somerset will host an array of special events and activities this October half-term as part of Museums Week, which runs from 21-29 October 2017.
Organised by Bath & North East Somerset Council, Museums Week celebrates the unique collections and activities in our local museums. All activities are free for local residents with a Discovery Card.
There will be more than 100 activities taking place across 23 venues during the nine-day celebration.
· Discover 800 years of history at the Mayor’s Parlour and see Bath’s Royal Charters, gold, silver and sword
· Look at fancy dress from the 1920s at the Fashion Museum Bath, and make a colourful headdress
· Make a Roman actor’s mask at the Roman Baths
· Create pictures using oil pastels and find out about complementary colours and how they work at the Victoria Art Gallery
· Join a family-friendly tour of the floor at Bath Abbey and learn about the 1,500+ memorials and the lives of the people they commemorate
· Experience what life was like for Victorian children at the Radstock Museum
· Watch the Forged Line Dance Company bring the story of William and Caroline Herschel to life at the Herschel Museum of Astronomy
· Take a tour of Beckford’s Tower and Lansdown Cemetery, which was once Beckford’s garden
· Enjoy daily bun tastings at Sally Lunn’s
· Follow the clues on the Children’s Trail and collect stickers at each museum