Do you know of volunteers, community leaders, community organisations, carers and local businesses who should be recognised for the positive impact they make on others and the wider community? If so, you now have the chance to nominate them for several annual awards celebrating the difference they make to their community.
But the deadline is looming and organisers of the Chair of Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Community Awards say people haven’t got long to get their nominations in.
Nominations are open until Friday 1st December, the Chair will then identify one or more individuals or groups to receive an award.
The awards are organised annually in partnership with the Volunteer Centre Bath and beyond; social housing provider Curo; the Student Community Partnership (involving the University of Bath and Bath Spa University students unions); and Sirona care & health. The Chair is also delighted to welcome a new partner for this year’s Awards, Virgin Care.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
Category 1 – Volunteering Awards
· Volunteer of the Year / Young Volunteer of the Year
· Volunteer Leader of the Year / Young Volunteer Leader of the Year
· Volunteer Team or Organisation of the Year/ Young Volunteer Team or Organisation of the Year
· Good Neighbour of the Year / Neighbourhood Team of the Year / Young Neighbour or Young Neighbourhood Team of the Year
· Carer of the Year / Young Carer of the Year
· The Peter Duppa-Miller Lifetime Achievement
Category 2 – Business in the Community Award
This award will recognise a socially responsible business which actively supports its local community in positive activities.
The Chair may also identify one or more individuals or groups from the nominations received to present a ‘Special Award’.
Full details and nomination forms are available online at www.bathnes.gov.uk/communityawards