Woolley Grange, Bradford on Avon, and its sister hotels in the Luxury Family Hotels collection, has won the title of Best UK Hotel for Families in the 2017 Family Traveller Awards.
This year’s annual Family Traveller Awards attracted 45,000 votes and the results were announced in an award ceremony in London. Jane Anderson, Editor, Family Traveller, said, “”Congratulations to Luxury Family Hotels, winner of ‘Best UK Hotel for Families’ in the Family Traveller Awards 2017. Having visited many of the hotels in the collection, I can vouch that as a parent, you begin to unwind as soon as you step through the door, whilst your kids have a ball from breakfast to bedtime. Luxury Family Hotels was up against stiff competition and is a worthy winner.”
Luxury Family Hotels offers a collection of six luxurious country house style hotels offering a home-from-home atmosphere in beautiful surroundings. Each hotel caters for the needs of parents with young children (kids go free when staying in parents’ room). The complimentary Ofsted-registered crèche facilities offer fun and games for two hours a day. Baby equipment such as changing mats and cots are provided as well as bottle warming and food pureeing. There are also plenty books, DVDs and games on hand and even wellies to borrow and bikes to hire for outdoor adventures.
There are also spas for the parents, pools and activities for families and games rooms and movie nights for older children. Plus, parents can take advantage of the complimentary baby listening service to enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and artisan drinks in a relaxed setting.
The range of accommodation from small doubles to family rooms and suites means that all group sizes are catered for and staff are hands-on to ensure that parents can truly unwind.
Adrian Burley, Marketing Director of Luxury Family Hotels, commented, “We are thrilled to win this award. Our teams across the hotels work extremely hard, day in day out to ensure our guests – big and small – have a really great time when they come and stay with us. We are very proud to have received this recognition from Family Traveller and its discerning readers and want to thank all those who voted for us.”
The properties in the group are:
• Woolley Grange, Bradford-on-Avon: the original Luxury Family Hotel, a Jacobean Manor House which has 25 individually style bedrooms, a great spa and pool and 14 acres of gardens to enjoy, complete with tennis, an outdoor pool and lawns just perfect for cricket or football
• Fowey Hall, Fowey, Cornwall: an impressive Queen Anne mansion thought to be Toad’s original ‘Toad Hall’, with 36 rooms, rambling gardens and spectacular views of the estuary and coastline
• The Ickworth, Suffolk: a magnificent 18th century estate owned by the National Trust, surrounded by 1,800 acres of parkland with 27 bedrooms, 11 apartments in The Lodge and a three-bedroom apartment in its Butler’s Lodge
• Moonfleet Manor, Dorset: a handsome Georgian manor overlooking Chesil Beach and the Fleet Lagoon with 36 bedrooms, extensive gardens and a magical setting
• New Park Manor, The New Forest: a 17th century hunting lodge in the heart of the New Forest reputed to be King Charles II’s favourite, with 21 bedrooms, an outstanding spa and wonderful views out over the surrounding wildlife and forest landscape
Polurrian Bay Hotel, Mullion, Cornwall: the ultimate family seaside hotel, with 41 rooms, outstanding views over Mounts Bay and beautiful gardens leading down to the sandy beach at Polurrian Cove below
For bookings, please telephone 0844 482 2152 or visit www.luxuryfamilyhotels.co.uk