The internet is an amazing tool which allows us and our children to connect with people, communicate and be creative in many different ways. Unfortunatey it is continually changing and being able to keep up to date with your child can seem very challenging. You may feel that your child has a better understanding and technical skill than you do, but they still need you to give advice and protection when it comes to the online world.
You don’t have to be an expert on the internet to help keep your child safe online, my advice and resources will help support you as you support your child to use the internet safely, responsibly and positively.
The session will cover the following areas:
– Understanding and recognising cyberbullying and how to prevent it
– Know what sexting is and what the law has to say
– Understand how to set up parental controls
– Know about online grooming
– Begin to understand some of the apps your children are using
– Know about digital resilliance and how to promote it
The internet is an amzing tool which has limitless opportunities but it is also global, fast and anonymous. It can leave you feeling vulnerable and open to risk. This two-hour session will leave you feeling more empowered, knowledgeable and confident about the online world.