The Bluebell Care Trust is looking for a dad with lived experience of mental health difficulties, related to becoming a new parent, or who may have supported his partner, ideally also with some experience of working in a support role or equivalent, to come on board as its new Dads in Mind worker, to help develop this service in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
The new role is being made available as a result of funding from St John’s Foundation.
– Do you live in Bath and North East Somerset and have up to 10 hours a week free?
– Would you like a paid role working for a local charity who is passionate about supporting new families with their emotional wellbeing/mental health during pregnancy and beyond?
– Are you an emotionally resilient dad with first-hand experience of managing your own or a partner’s depression and anxiety related to pregnancy and birth?
– Do you have any experience of working professionally in a mental health or family support role or similar?
– Are you friendly, approachable and a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills?
– Would you welcome the opportunity to offer 1:1 support to other new dads who are having a difficult time?
– Do you have the necessary skills to manage and run social media also offering support to dads?
– Do you have your own transport?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the majority of the above questions – The Bluebell Care Trust would really like to hear from you!