Wiltshire Council’s play areas will reopen from Saturday (4 July), with the council strongly advising families to follow the social distancing measures in place to protect others and use the facilities safely.
The council has added that the following measures will be in place to keep people as safe as possible:
- If anyone in the household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms then do not visit.
- People should ensure they are social distancing – if this isn’t possible because the park or certain equipment is being used by other people, they should please wait or visit another day.
- Please try to only have one parent, guardian or carer with each child to limit the possible spread of infection.
- Consider using a face covering, but Government guidance states they aren’t to be used by children under the age of three.
- All rubbish, including disposable face coverings or gloves, should be put in the litter bins or taken home to dispose of.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting the park.
- People should consider wiping or cleansing equipment before use.
- People shouldn’t eat or drink within the play area.
Clear signage will be displayed in all Wiltshire Council play areas with the new guidelines and how people can use the facilities safely.