Freckles Childcare is holding a Paediatric First Aid Course on 28 March. The course is fully accredited and certified, offering certificates that are valid for three years.
“Our agenda is for you to leave with the confidence to know what to do if you’re ever faced with a medical emergency, whilst reassuring you that doing your best is all you can do,” explained Becca Powell-Chandler, Kaya Co-ordinator at Freckles Childcare. “Both the six-hour and 12-hour blended courses are available, which make them suitable for everyone, including Ofsted registration.”
The courses are
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid (six hour practical) (£75).
- Full Paediatric First Aid (six hour e-learning and six hour practical). The six hour e-learning element must be completed in advance of attending the practical course. (£100)
The courses will take place on
- Saturday 28 March, 9.30am – 4pm, Bath BA2 7HB
- Saturday 6 June, 9.30am – 4pm, Bath BA2 7HB
- Saturday 17 October, 9.30am – 4pm, Bath BA2 7HB
The six hour practical courses will cover
- Role of a first aider
- Action planning in an emergency
- Primary and secondary assessments
- Recovery position
- Infant, child and adult CPR
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
The 12 hour blended courses will cover
- All content in six hour practical
- Six hour e-learning course going into topics in more detail
- valid for EYFS/Ofsted* registration for nursery workers and childminders (*the 6 hour course is sufficient for Nanny Ofsted registration).