Students at The New Sixth at Saint Gregory’s in Bath, were ecstatic this morning as they opened their A Level results, celebrating impressive headline achievements across all subject areas.
Amongst the headline figures, results data shows that:
– 72% secured A*-C grades
– Almost half of all results were at the highly coveted A*-B grades
– 97% of all A Level entries achieved A*-E pass grade
Ann Cusack, Headmistress at Saint Gregory’s, was thrilled with the outcome, praising staff and students for their commitment and hard work.
“I would like to congratulate all of our students on their well-deserved achievements today. I’m very proud of everyone at The New Sixth, not only for their exam successes, but for their amazing contributions to our school community. For many of our students, it’s been a seven-year journey and, throughout their time at St Gregory’s and The New Sixth, we have watched them grow and develop into amazing young adults who are ready to take their place in the world and begin the next stage in their journey. Our students now progress to university, employment and higher-level apprenticeships to enjoy the many opportunities made available to them as a result of their success at The New Sixth and we congratulate everyone on their many successes.”
Director of Sixth Form, Lucy Butler, added, “We are so proud of this year’s cohort who have successfully secured places in top universities, including Oxbridge and the Russell Group, equipped with a portfolio of qualifications, skills and experiences that will enable them to embrace the challenges of undergraduate life with confidence and enthusiasm.”
Among the students who were delighted with their results are:
– Dan P who achieved three A* grades in maths, psychology and geography and will now progress to Lancaster University to study Environmental Science;
– Paolo J who achieved three A* grades in geography, maths and physics and is hoping to accept a place at Cambridge University to study Natural Science;
– Rose M who achieved outstanding success across STEM subjects with two A* grades and one A grade in maths, chemistry and biology securing her place to study Medicine at Leeds University;
– Ellie B who achieved one A* and three A grades and is now going to Edinburgh University to study Social Anthropology;
– Anna W who achieved two A* grades in geography and English literature as well as a B grade in chemistry, securing her a place at Leeds University to study International Sustainability and Environmental Management.
– Lamorna V who has accepted a place at Oxford University to study Philosophy and Ethics after achieving AAB in her A Levels.